Did you know that adding a button in your emails increases your click-through-rates by 127%?
I learned about this startling statistic very recently on Campaign Monitor.
As a result, I started looking into how I could create and add an email button into my newsletters to get more clicks.
Today, I will show you how you can create a HTML button in your email newsletters… the right way!
Do not use images in lieu or actual buttons
Some people may tell you to create an image that looks like a button and inserting it into your emails.
I do not recommend that as image blocking is pretty common, and may result in your button appearing like this in your subscribers’ inbox:
Here’s how you can add an email button!Tutorial: How to Add a Button to Your Emails (HTML Included)Click To Tweet
Step 1. Go to this HTML button generator
This is a free HTML button generator that also allows you to customize your button before generating the HTML code that you will need!
Options you have include personalizing the button text, background color, font face, font size, size of the button.
Step 2. Copy the code
Once you’re done customizing your email button, copy the code on the right under “Copy Your Code”.
Step 3. Paste it into your email service provider.
I recommend using Convertkit as your email service provider, but you can do this with any email service provider of your choice.
Inside your email editor, switch to the HTML view.
Click on the “HTML” button inside your email editor:
Switch to HTML view and paste the HTML code where you want the button to be
Paste the code in.
… and that’s all! You’re done.Tutorial: How to Add a Button to Your Emails (HTML Included)Click To Tweet
You have a button in your email now.
Enjoy your swanky new button and here’s to all the clicks you’ll be getting with your emails!
I hope this helps!
Here are other newsletter-related posts on my blog which you may enjoy:
- Newsletter Content Ideas To Send & Engage Your Subscribers
- 210+ Best Email Subject Lines To Drastically Improve Your Open Rates
- Why Building an Email List is a MUST for Your Blog & Business
- How to Write the Perfect Welcome Email (Printable Template Included!)
- How to Create a Killer Welcome Email Series (Full Tutorial + Templates!)
- Why I Switched to Using Convertkit As My Email Service Provider
- List Building 101: How to Build An Email List That Makes Money (Cheatsheet Included)
Have a blessed day ahead!